News
LCG, April 4, 2025--NeuVentus, LLC ("NeuVentus") announced this week the receipt of a final order from the Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) that grants a subsidiary of NeuVentus authority to create and operate 12 salt caverns for storage of a variety of gases (including natural gas and hydrogen) and liquids at its Texas Reliability Underground Hub ("TRU Hub") salt cavern storage project located in Liberty County, Texas.
Read more
|
LCG, March 31, 2025--Dow and X-Energy Reactor Company, LLC ("X-energy") today announced the submission of a construction permit application to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission ("NRC") for a proposed advanced nuclear project in Seadrift, Texas. The proposed advanced small modular reactor ("SMR") project could begin construction later this decade and commence operations early next decade.
Read more
|
|
|
Industry News
Comments by Enron's Lay Arouse Indian Ire
LCG, Aug. 27, 2001--Kenneth Lay, chairman and once again chief executive of Enron Corp., has reassured Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee that he had not advocated U.S. sanctions against India if Enron lost a significant portion of its investment in the Dabhol Power Project in the state of Maharashtra.Indian government officials were outraged by Lay's reported comments in an interview with the Financial Times last week, in which the newspaper quoted him as saying "If they try to squeeze us down to something less than cost then it basically becomes an expropriation by the Indian government, and that would send an incredibly damaging signal to the international capital markets and investment community as to making any future investments in India."The Financial Times reported that Lay followed that remark by noting that there are U.S. laws "that could prevent the U.S. government from providing any aid or assistance or other things to India going forward if, in fact, they expropriate property of U.S. companies."In a letter to Vajpayee, Lay said "I have not asked anyone in the U.S. government to consider sanctions. I did not say that the Dabhol Power issue had been expropriated," according to an official of Enron India.The brouhaha stems from Enron's statement two weeks ago that it would accept $1 billion for its investment in Dabhol, its 2,184 megawatt power project in Maharashtra which is India's largest single foreign investment.A 740 megawatt "first phase" of Dabhol was completed a year ago and immediately ran into problems collecting its electric bills from the Maharashtra State Electricity Board. Each month, Enron was forced to invoke guarantees by Maharashtra state and the Indian federal government to secure payment, and the MSEB still owes the company for about a month's power.Both the MSEB and Maharashtra state were party to agreements signed in the mid-1990s which set the tariffs for Dabhol, but now demand that the contracts be renegotiated, something Enron has refused to do.In May, the MSEB unilaterally canceled its power purchase agreement with Dabhol Power Co., something Enron says it had no right to do. The U.S. company then shut down construction on the 2,144 megawatt "second phase" of the plant, which was to have been completed this summer.In his letter to Vajpayee, Lay said "I had fully explained the several possible options including how one might get expropriation and the U.S. law in place to protect its businesses. It is far from suggesting that we have decided to pursue this medium." Summing up, Lay told the prime minister "My discussion seems to have caused significant and a lot of unintended concern."
|
|
|
UPLAN-NPM
The Locational Marginal Price Model (LMP) Network Power Model
|
|
UPLAN-ACE
Day Ahead and Real Time Market Simulation
|
|
UPLAN-G
The Gas Procurement and Competitive Analysis System
|
|
PLATO
Database of Plants, Loads, Assets, Transmission...
|
|
|
|